New build 210 gallon

Attachments

• 20240110_204349.jpg
    20240110_204349.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 21
That is the problem, it’s primer and not cement. You might be able to re do the bonds but it will be tough since connecting primed joints creates a little bit of a bond. I would recommend trying to undo the connections, clean as best as possible using some sandpaper, and then prime and cement using this PVC cement

I'd recommend watching a tutorial as you're suppose to prime then cement and then you set the pvc together. Or you can purchase a one step pvc cement. I would not run the system with just primer as that doesn't fully bond and it can come apart with time.

If anyone knows someone close to quincy that can do it for a Fair price please let me know so i would appreciate

If anyone knows someone close to quincy that can do it for a Fair price please let me know so i would appreciate
If I drove, I'd come and help you out for free.

any @BRS Member feel they could help a fellow reefer out with some plumbing?

i had a 210g w a basement sump and plumbed it through the wall and floor.
i used 2” drain and 1.5” flow cuz im extra. that was overkill for sure but i also had a huge pump and was able to have crazy flow and never worried about overfilling the tank cuz drain was always faster.

i see your pics, i recommend never cementing directly into the bulkheads. you’ll hate yourself if you ever have to replace anything or deal with a leak as you’re dealing with. i’d either use bulkheads that have thread on the inside so you can screw plumbing into the bulkhead (the approach i take in all my builds), or use ribbed bulkheads and use tubes to connect to the plumbing so you can easily disconnect with either approach.

as for the leak you have, i agree with the rest. use the right cement and you should be good

hope this helps!

Last edited:
i had a 210g w a basement sump and plumbed it through the wall and floor.
i used 2” drain and 1.5” flow cuz im extra. that was overkill for sure but i also had a huge pump and was able to have crazy flow and never worried about overfilling the tank cuz drain was always faster.

i see your pics, i recommend never cementing directly into the bulkheads. you’ll hate yourself if you ever have to replace anything or deal with a leak as you’re dealing with. i’d either use bulkheads that have thread on the inside so you can screw plumbing into the bulkhead (the approach i take in all my builds), or use ribbed bulkheads and use tubes to connect to the plumbing so you can easily disconnect with either approach.

as for the leak you have, i agree with the rest. use the right cement and you should be good

hope this helps!
Yeah I made a big mistake looking at my plumbing I Going you rout with thread and doing more expectations there's more leaks in other locTion so I just going to redo

Hey everyone just wanted to say thanks to everyone finally 210 has no leaks so next step to get it ready to transfer everything thanks

Back