Angel looking terrible

Yes -- but the tang was one in a million -- an Indian Golden Ring bristletooth -- never seen one before. I cannot tell you how much I blew this.

Well, just got through diagnosing with B. I did not have a biological filter on the tank -- I had an AquaC Remora Pro which was doing great. But then I had to medicate and turn the skimmer off. I put a fluval on but it was not established or beefy enough. I had a whisper air pump going that is rated for a 60g tank. But this was probably not enough. Either the pH dropped or there was an ammonia spike or both as a result of both medicating the tank and turning the skimmer off. I was really worried about turning the skimmer off but I guess no one that I was asking understood that I had no other filtration going on. I ordered a filter on Sunday with rush delivery because I thought I could make it for a few days but that was not the case. The filter came today. All fish are dead. Too late for these guys. My bad.

sorry to hear of the losses Sherri....i've been a big fan of hyposalinity for ick. It doesn't affect biological filtration and most if not all fish tolerate it well. Sometimes if a fish shows signs of ick and still swim and eat well, I just feed regularly with garlic added to the food and just wait it out.

sorry to hear of the losses Sherri....i've been a big fan of hyposalinity for ick. It doesn't affect biological filtration and most if not all fish tolerate it well. Sometimes if a fish shows signs of ick and still swim and eat well, I just feed regularly with garlic added to the food and just wait it out.

Sorry to hear about your losses Sherri. Don't let it get you down though. Everyone has losses at one point or another. You just have to keep going and try again.

I have had good luck with hypo too. I have only lost one fish in hypo and he was too far gone anyway. I recently treated a tang with ich and he wasn't looking good at all. He survived and was cured and is now a happy, active fish in my DT.

Well, thanks -- I am really down but I am sure I will bounce back. I hate being stupid. The problem is that I don't think it was ich because the only symptom all along was very intermittent rubbing and head shaking. There's was just too much going on and I did not focus. I was really concerned about turning the skimmer off due to treating with prozipro. I guess I wasn't clear that that was my only water treatment when I asked for help. I had a fluval but it just didn't cut it as it was put on fresh without any time to develop biological filtration. I was adding Stability but I guess it just could not replace the loss of the skimmer. My gut was telling me to leave the skimmer on but I ignored it. It is never a good thing to do -- ignore my gut. I just hate that fish have to die so that I can learn. Well, the eheim came today, I just finished setting it up on the main system to get the biological filter curing. Then in a month I will try again. With one fish. It will take me ten years to stock my tank though.

jhckaVSDCa sorry for your losses...

Is that a translation? Thanks. Still taking it pretty hard. Hate when I make a newby mistake. I really thought the 50% water change, fluval, whisper, and Stability would hold for a few days. Wrong. I need a time machine ... anyone have one I can borrow?

Back