Annual BRS Auction - Sat. Oct 20th, 2007, Waltham

>Any big tanks? ill be on the look out<

I'm afraid that there are no big tanks (>40 gallons or so) available yet that I know of. Some of the sponsors are still thinking what to donate, so that could change. We kind of discouraged sponsors from large tank donations this year because usually people have to think about where they would put such a tank, and therefore the number of bidders is pretty small. Last year a corner system went for below cost to the sponsor, which was not good.

>Is the attendance at the auction larger than the normal meetings ? Trying to get an idea of the competition < grin >. Put another way...what was last years (or couple of years ) attendance figures ?<

Last year's attendence was about 110 (actual registered bidders) I believe. Not sure what prior years were like, but I'd say pretty close. We are figuring on about the same or a little more, but that will depend upon the weather, and many other factors. We sometimes have close to that number for meetings at particular times of the year, depending on location, featured speaker, weather, football games, etc., etc.

>the possible exception may be the Greg Hiller Indians fan club <

If they win I'll probably wear my cap!

This is probably the highest attendance event for the BRS of the year.....so bring your ca$h/checkbook/credit card$

.....the possible exception may be the Greg Hiller Indians fan club :rolleyes:

Just to clarify...

Ca$h, checks and Paypal will be accepted*

*Paypal is dependant on internet access.

I just registered and paid for my membership as family for one year
we might be going to the auction this weekend.
We of course dont have the membership card yet
so how do we get in with the $5 door entry ?? Just to verify, It will be $5/me and $5/my hubby and free for my 2 daughters who are under 4 years old right ?

could someone clarify this for me
Thanks

>It will be $5/me and $5/my hubby and free for my 2 daughters who are under 4 years old right ?<

Yup. If you register via the forum (paypal) I believe we should have that data at the meeting, so we will know you are a member.

>Yup. If you register via the forum (paypal) I believe we should have that data at the meeting, so we will know you are a member.<

I renewed on Monday via PayPal, but am not yet showing as paid. I will be attending on Saturday, is there anything I should bring to verify payment?

BTW - any PE Mysis this year?

Thanks.

OMG, I just laughed so much reading through that! That was a great time!

Mcmirrorson.:rolleyes::D Are you going to take pictures of yourself again this time, Greg?:p

"Dude, check out my finger".:D

We did have internet at the meeting last year. I will try to have all of the membership on the laptop at the membership desk.

Looks like the weather's going to be crummy tomorrow, more reason to come to the auction!

Upcoming Events

June 9, 2024
Ben Johnson
Club Meeting

Back