Anyone deal with EcoTech Marine customer service before?

That is great to know, thank you very much.

I just had to about my mp40. once we figured out it was the wetside and i saw wear damage (after 2 months), they sent me another one through their SEP program no questions asked. The only problem i have is they are only open 9-5 during the week so it makes it hard to walk through stuff with them so i had to do a few calls.

They are A+ in the customer service department. Had an mp10 making noise. Called and was on and off with a new wet-side coming to me at no charge. Just had to return the defective piece. I didn't even purchase the mp10 through a retailer but on eBay.

When the box arrived it was a simple switch. They make you send back the defective/damaged pieces. Problem was they didn't include a shipping label. Called them up and the guy said it was an error on their end not including it. He didn't want to make me have to pay or have any other hassle with mailing it back so he just said keep it for parts. Can't ask for better than that.

:encouragement:great service, i wanted to purchase a gen 2 control cover for a used mp40and they found me one and sent it out for free , even after i offered 2 times to pay for it.

I have before. I had an old MP10 original that the dry side had a worn out bearing and was super loud. Contacted them, and even though it was out of warranty, they sent me a new dry side for free, along with a return label, I put the old dry side in the box, and sent it back. Not one penny out of my pocket and no more than 5 minutes of my tank not having a working powerhead.

Fan on my radion died last Saturday. Made a call Monday morning and had a new light tuesday at 10:46am.

Had to put a deposit on the light but I wouldn't expect anything less considering its a 750$ piece of equipment. I'd say they are awesome.

Just call them this morning, NO, that is NOT a positive experience at all.

Here is my experience with Ecotech Marine tech supports

bought a brand new shining MP40 10 days ago. (yahoo)
After picking up the new MP40 from LFS, when I came home, opened up the box. The power supply died after 2 minutes. and it was on a Friday evening.
Was not able to get a hold of Ecotech until Monday the following week.
With a single 5 minutes phone call, they sent out a new power supply to my house two days later.
They said that if I have any more issues with this new MP40, they will authorize to send me a new MP40.

I still think the price on their products is way way over price. Let's hope for some Chinsese made MP10, mp40 and Radion in the market some day.
The new MP40 did not even come with a manual.

Last edited:
That shows how unreliable their product is. Ever see the commercial of Honda? What happen if your pump only last for a year (only 1 year warranty) and when your warranty runs out or you lost your receipt? You pay such a high price for something that won't last? I am expecting a product with such a high price tag to be functional for at least 5 year. Also, there is no inexpensive fix for these pumps because you have to buy from the manufacture for extremely high marked up parts.
Unless Ecotech can extend their warranty just like Kia does, they will not last very long.

I suspect the design of the Ecotech has something to do with the issues these pumps has. I think the problem is that if you run these pumps to max (it is suppose to be designed to do that), the dry side motor baring will not last due to the heat. For pumps that in water, over heating is not an issue. That is why Tunze last longer.

I have before. I had an old MP10 original that the dry side had a worn out bearing and was super loud. Contacted them, and even though it was out of warranty, they sent me a new dry side for free, along with a return label, I put the old dry side in the box, and sent it back. Not one penny out of my pocket and no more than 5 minutes of my tank not having a working powerhead.
Really? I don't think they do that anymore, may be due to too many failing pumps.

I think the warranty on these Ecotech products should be at least 2-3 years as oppose to just one year if you have the receipt and less than 1 year for no receipt.

Here is my experience with Ecotech Marine tech supports

bought a brand new shining MP40 10 days ago. (yahoo)
After picking up the new MP40 from LFS, when I came home, opened up the box. The power supply died after 2 minutes. and it was on a Friday evening.
Was not able to get a hold of Ecotech until Monday the following week.
With a single 5 minutes phone call, they sent out a new power supply to my house two days later.
They said that if I have any more issues with this new MP40, they will authorize to send me a new MP40.

I still think the price on their products is way way over price. Let's hope for some Chinsese made MP10, mp40 and Radion in the market some day.
The new MP40 did not even come with a manual.

There's already a Chinese-Made Radion. Google "ReefBreeders SuperNova" it's like a radion, only better.

And yes dzt, ecotech just sent me a new side.

And yes I agree their warranty should be longer.

And yeah their prices are HORRIBLE!!! It's because they know their product is super convenient, and when it works, it works amazingly. And its patented so nobody can ditto it.

There's already a Chinese-Made Radion. Google "ReefBreeders SuperNova" it's like a radion, only better.

And yes dzt, ecotech just sent me a new side.

And yes I agree their warranty should be longer.

And yeah their prices are HORRIBLE!!! It's because they know their product is super convenient, and when it works, it works amazingly. And its patented so nobody can ditto it.

Ecotech has a patent on the Vortech pump, it is the magnetic coupling drive in the patent. I read online that their patent is being re-examed because there is another patent by another company for the same technology but 6 month earlier than Ecotech.

If the patent does not hold, there will be copy cats. But, after all, is the design really reliable? Think about a motor runs 24/7 and there is not even a heat sink to keep it cool.

ReefBreeders SuperNova sounds like a good promise, it is actullay claimed to be completely made in US with top of the line customer service. It is not launched yet but sounds promising.

So what problem did you have and what was there solution? We you the original owner of the product?

I think they are expensive but I use the vortech and they have worked very well for me. I had a question when I first got them and they answered it. Just about a sound I heard. Yes they don't come with an extensive manual, just a small one. The full thing can be found on line. I have owned other pumps and had nothing but problems with them, koralia perticulary, so I don't mind paying more for a product that works better.

I have also heard tunze are nice but no experience with them.

Back