Aqua Controller II question (Email alarm)

mnavick

BRS Member
Was curious on how others set-up there "Email Set-up".
Looking to have an email sent when an alarm occurs.
I currently have Charter as an internet provider to help with port numbers.
Here's the current config:
ACII.jpg

Mike did you ever get this working after we talked the other day?

I'd guess you need to enable the "Email Authentication" and set the username/password to your Charter details.

If you have a router you may also need to open port 25 to allow the SMTP traffic to pass.

If those things don't work let me know and I can come by and we'll get it sorted out.

on a HOME router, there is NO outbound port 25 blocked

I would be email auth info is incorrect. Check with Charter, but I bet you need to use authentication to send on smtp/25

on a HOME router, there is NO outbound port 25 blocked

I would be email auth info is incorrect. Check with Charter, but I bet you need to use authentication to send on smtp/25

While I tend to agree that the port isn't the issue, it is possible it was blocked, either intentionally or by accident. Also depends on where the router came from. I've heard stories about people getting used equipment from cable/phone companies and the units weren't reset to defaults.

I mentioned to Mike when I was dropping off my auction loot that it was probably related to needing to authenticate with the Charter SMTP server before sending mail. From the screen shot he posted it looks like that is what is missing. Should be resolved by enabling that option and making sure the right credentials are entered.

I also just looked up the AquaController manual and it stated you can TELNET into the device and run a command or two to debug the SMTP/mail issues.

you need to use a valid email username and password to send the email

So where it says
email auth login put your email addy
And where is says
email auth password put your email password
this would need to match the "from" email addy

the authentication info is not supposed to be the controller username and password it should be the account info from the email addy you are using to send the email

Last edited:
Found this link for the Unofficial Guide to Apex Controllers (on the RC Neptune Forum) -- http://reeftech.webs.com/Apex New User Guide.pdf

I downloaded it in preparation of getting my Apex Jr. on Monday. I want to see if there are any details on programming it, that is from an external app. I don't have an iPhone any longer but I could probably whip up something similar to that app for the Windows Phone.

WOW!!!
Thanks so much guys. I had forgotten about this thread :)
I'll give all a try later this evening.

Back