Batfish at Seaworld

ok who ever goes down just mention that you are from the brs and that chris lefebvre ( thats me nativemic )worked it out with chris quin the salt manager.
you can also see my wife in the freshwater department her name is tricia and she can help you out

Go for it Coolride. I say first one to the rescue!

I will also donate for fuel/meds/whatever.

Do you plan to keep him or find him a home?

who ever goes down pm me your real name and ill let them know you are coming to make it easy for you

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday.

I'd keep him, But if Coolride can give him a bigger Home, then I'm all for it.

I think even my 300 would be pushing it size wise....

Either way, we gotta get him outta that 75....

So I'll let Coolride take him, but if Coolride can't take him this weekend, then We should arrange to get him to my tank in the mean time....

If anyone wants to reach me.

Work till 4:30 - 617-521-6156
Home 508-256-6797

Last edited:
Idea that may work....

....not sure how the fish is doing but have an option that may work.

I know someone who works at NOAA / NMF in Woods Hole (my wife). The aquarium at the NMF facility in Woods Hole may be a terrific option for this fish. Large tanks and someone who knows what they are doing when it comes to rehab of fish.

Call Dave Radosh at 508-495-2000. He is most likely there today as the aquarium is open.

The aquarium is small but they have everything the large aquariums have. The one thing that may be a problem is water temp. Most of the tanks are for local species but I think there are some heated tanks for rehab and surely the ability to heat the tank if needed.

If Dave were to take the fish and the rehab went well there is also the possability of the fish being released back into the wild. Not sure if there is a possability for successful aclimation back into the wild or not but the vessels out of Woods Hole go off the coast of North Carolina in the summer and could be released on one of those trips.

I was just at Seaworld (11:30am) and according to Bill and Chris they were contacted and someone is picking up the fish today!

They were very excited and happy that the fish was "going home". I am assunimg that SW300Galma is the person picking him up. I don't know for sure. SW300 is your first name Vinny?

So anyway, I'll find out for sure who has the fish and if they planned on rehabilitating the animal and then finding him a home, you guys can hook up the Woods Hole thing. Release into the wild would be the greatest result I could have imagined for this animal. Far better than the dumpster at the China Buffet wouldn't you say?

Reef Wellington said:
If Dave were to take the fish and the rehab went well there is also the possability of the fish being released back into the wild. Not sure if there is a possability for successful aclimation back into the wild or not but the vessels out of Woods Hole go off the coast of North Carolina in the summer and could be released on one of those trips.

This is a pacific species of batfish.

Good point Rich. What are the chances of him meeting up with other Batfish? Would probably end up shark food in NC.

Has anyone heard any updates on the scheduled pickup?

nativemic said:
vinny is coolrider. he went to get the fish today. lets hope for the best

Thank you Chris and Tricia for the incredible effort! I knew we could do it. Without your help that animal was surely going to die. And thanks to Seaworld for hanging in there and not doing anything rash. Kudos to you guys.

THANKS VINNY!!!! You have done a great thing here. If for any reason you cannot keep the fish, please contact Reef Wellington. He has contacts at Woods Hole and may be able to take him. But I hope you keep him and he has an awesome home. Thanks again!

Great group here at BRS. Creds to all!!!!

Thanks CoolRide, my contact info is in this thread if you ever need to get rid of him.

Thanks again.

Good effort by the BRS

One last thing ...

Vinny could you start a thread and post pictures of the animal's progress. That would be cool!

Thanks!!

Bravo..

Ray039... that was a nice thing you did here.

Goes to show, even if the fish is not as pretty or flashy - they are still valuable to someone. Great job by all, including those who tried, cared and the main man who took this creature in.

Congrats..

Back