Ann. Coral College FAQ

scavdog

Staff member
Officer
BRS Member
Coral College Logo - sm.png

Get ready! Less than 2 days remain before Coral College opens it's doors!

FAQ:

What is Coral College?
Coral College is a collaboration between Boston Reefers Society (BRS) and The Marine Science Magnet High School (MSMHS). Alongside a coral trade show, our aim is to educate the hobbyist along with the general public and, moreover, shine light on the local institutions that are producing tomorrow's champions of Coral Research and Marine Conservation.

How do I get there? The Marine Science Magnet High School (MSMHS) is located at 130 Shennecossett Road Groton, CT.

What time does it start? 11AM through 4PM.

Where do I get my ticket? Admission Tickets will be available on-site for $10.00. **If pre-registered, you will be able to pick up your registration package, which will include your GHL Grand Prize Raffle ticket.

Can I still purchase Grand Prize Raffle Tickets? Additional raffle tickets will be available to purchase. However they will not be included with on-site admission tickets.

When will the raffle be held? The drawing for the grand prize along with other prizes will begin at 3:30pm in the main speaker room.

Do I need to be present to win the raffle? Yes.

What is to be expected at Coral College?
Informative Presentations alongside a Coral Trade Show, including:
  • Colin Foord (virtual): The Creation of a 100% Aquacultured SPS Tank.
  • Taras Pleskun: Farming Reefs: Ornamental Aquaculture at Topshelf Aquatics.
  • Michael Gerdes: The Critical Role for Aquarists in Reef Restoration.
  • Coral Fragging Demonstration,
  • Access to high quality coral from some of the best vendors in the Northeast.

Will food be available? Luigi's Risto will be onsite with wood-fired pizza for purchase.

How will the proceeds be used: Proceeds will support the 2024 Joseph A. Venuti Marine Science and Conservation Scholarship.

Can I bring my children? Children under the age of 12 are free. There will be beautiful corals on display as well as live demonstrations. Just be sure to keep little hands out of the tanks :) . Additionally there will be at least one vendor with items geared toward children, including stuffed animals and crafts.

What other things should I bring? If you plan to purchase coral, it is advisable to bring a cooler and potentially heat packs.

Miscellaneous things to know: There is absolutely no smoking, vaping, alcohol consumption or use of any illegal substance on campus. No exceptions.

Last edited:
Get ready! Less than 2 days remain before Coral College opens it's doors!

FAQ:

What is Coral College?
Coral College is a collaboration between Boston Reefers Society (BRS) and The Marine Science Magnet High School (MSMHS). Alongside a coral trade show, our aim is to educate the hobbyist along with the general public and, moreover, shine light on the local institutions that are producing tomorrow's champions of Coral Research and Marine Conservation.

How do I get there? The Marine Science Magnet High School (MSMHS) is located at 130 Shennecossett Road Groton, CT.

What time does it start? 11AM through 4PM.

Where do I get my ticket? Admission Tickets will be available on-site for $10.00. **If pre-registered, you will be able to pick up your registration package, which will include your GHL Grand Prize Raffle ticket.

Can I still purchase Grand Prize Raffle Tickets? Additional raffle tickets will be available to purchase. However they will not be included with on-site admission tickets.

When will the raffle be held? The drawing for the grand prize along with other prizes will begin at 3:30pm in the main speaker room.

Do I need to be present to win the raffle? Yes.

What is to be expected at Coral College?
Informative Presentations alongside a Coral Trade Show, including:
  • Colin Foord (virtual): The Creation of a 100% Aquacultured SPS Tank.
  • Taras Pleskun: Farming Reefs: Ornamental Aquaculture at Topshelf Aquatics.
  • Michael Gerdes: The Critical Role for Aquarists in Reef Restoration.
  • Coral Fragging Demonstration,
  • Access to high quality -'c
  • oral from some of the best vendors in the Northeast.

Will food be available? Luigi's Risto will be onsite with wood-fired pizza for purchase.

How will the proceeds be used: Proceeds will support the 2024 Joseph A. Venuti Marine Science and Conservation Scholarship.

Can I bring my children? Children under the age of 12 are free. There will be beautiful corals on display as well as live demonstrations. Just be sure to keep little hands out of the tanks :) . Additionally there will be at least one vendor with items geared toward children, including stuffed animals and crafts.

What other things should I bring? If you plan to purchase coral, it is advisable to bring a cooler and potentially heat packs.

Miscellaneous things to know: There is absolutely no smoking, vaping, alcohol consumption or use of any illegal substance on campus. No exceptions.
Sharing to the FB groups now. Just shared about pre admission bags.

We plan to record and edit. Hopefully the attempt goes smoothly and we can edit it in the coming weeks.

Cheers,

Joe

Back