Dolphin pumps?

Brian

Jim Nabors is WAY cool!!
I'm thinking of getting one of these for a return but wanted to get some feedback from those of you that have or have had one on your system. How are they? Noise, efficiency, reliability, energy, etc...?

Brian..i have dolphin 3000 but is to installed yet..
acording to review they are pretty efficient and quiet as well.
good luck

I have an ampmaster and it runs quite enough for an undercabinet application, but has only been running about 5 months. The intake is larger than most return pumps.

Dolphin Pumps

I have a single Dolphin 9700 pump running my return, skimmer,frag tank, and refugium. The pump is located in my new fishroom and has been up and running for around a month or two without problems. The reason I chose this pump was for its capacity which is around 10,000 gph. I could not find any other pump available that could give me that max flowrate.

The pump is not quiet but it is in my fishroom that is in the garage where noise is not of concern to me. So far the pump has performed well.

I have much more experience with Iwakis which I ran for 4 years for return, skimmer and closed loops. They are outstanding and really quiet for their capacity.

Heat

The motor is separated from the impeller housing to minimize heat transfer from the motor to the water. Even so, all pumps add some heat to the water, but external pumps do this on a much lower level than submerged pumps.

Moe_K said:
Anyone know if they introduce heat into the system?

Thanks for all the replies so far. You folks are helping me narrow my choices.

Anyone else with an opinion on Dolphin pumps?

I run an Ampmaster 4700 which is the largest you can go with the low speed pumps(very quiet). Mine has a very slow leak, drip of two a day and have heard most have this. You can buy replacement part for these at most online places. Another pump I was looking at was the Gorman Rupps. I was ready to buy one after researching but ended up with a deal on the Dolphin.

Back