Feeding a carpet anemone

be careful of cause and effect errors...

....just because you saw a carpet anemone eat a fish of yours....does not mean it killed it....we all know fish die for many reasons....and if a particular fish passes on and happens to land near or on a carpet anemone...or any large anemone for that matter...of course the anemone will try and eat it....

......this could explain the eating of a clown too...for once clowns die they would cease producing their protective slime layer....

...just two cents of mine...for what its worth...

I'm so sad for the female. For being such a bold fish, her demeanor tonight really shows what an effect losing a mate can have on a fish. She is definately depressed. :(
I wonder if she will accept a new mate?

I've lost many a fish to my former Haddoni, including clowns that hosted it. I miss it, but if anything is going to eat a $50 fish, it's going to be ME!
I found that night lights (moonlights to be specific) resulted in less accidental deaths. And as Cindy says, LR placed around the carpet keeps it more or less contained.

Update: The female gone too.:(

I got you.:D

I found the male this monring, alive and kicking.

dz6t said:
I got you.:D

I found the male this monring, alive and kicking.

::GASP::: You did get me, I dropped my jaw!
Where was he hiding!?!?!?:eek: ??????

I'm so glad he's there. But what was up with the female last night? Is she back to normal?
I bet you could test her out by sticking your hand in her tank again... better do it a few times just to be sure ;)

Firedancer718 I bet you could test her out by sticking your hand in her tank again... better do it a few times just to be sure ;)[/QUOTE said:
Hmmm.....sounds like a good idea to me. You really do want to be sure.;)

The male was behind a rock fanning eggs. The female was just running around looking for food. When the light turned on this morning, the male came up for some food and went back to fan their eggs immediately.

Firedancer718 said:
::GASP::: You did get me, I dropped my jaw!
Where was he hiding!?!?!?:eek: ??????

I'm so glad he's there. But what was up with the female last night? Is she back to normal?
I bet you could test her out by sticking your hand in her tank again... better do it a few times just to be sure ;)
I think the female lost interested of my hand. You know, some time female become less aggressive after give birth;)

Back