Fuzzy Algae on rock

jdeb101

Non-member
Anyone able to help ID and recommend fix for this algae that’s all over my rock? It’s very short, translucent color, and doesn’t appear to have any air bubbles in it.

Params:
Alk: 10dkh
Calc: 490
Phosph: 0
Nitrate: 0

Perhaps related, I’ve had minimal to none growth for the longest time with zoas and shrooms. Shrooms have actually mostly shrunken in size. Meanwhile I see growth with some like blue cloves, gorg, RFA’s..

Attachments

• 8AB1BC18-B787-4CA1-86C4-0E57F95AA629.jpeg
    8AB1BC18-B787-4CA1-86C4-0E57F95AA629.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 69
Anyone able to help ID and recommend fix for this algae that’s all over my rock? It’s very short, translucent color, and doesn’t appear to have any air bubbles in it.

Params:
Alk: 10dkh
Calc: 490
Phosph: 0
Nitrate: 0

Perhaps related, I’ve had minimal to none growth for the longest time with zoas and shrooms. Shrooms have actually mostly shrunken in size. Meanwhile I see growth with some like blue cloves, gorg, RFA’s..
Not sure of the algae, maybe include a while light picture as well.

I'll try and identify with Julian Spungs Algae book, when I get home form the gym in about half and hour.

Closest I could find about your problem is here:

Closest I could find about your problem is here:

Thanks for looking into it Biggie!

Still no certainty what it is or how to treat from what I read. Perhaps also worth mentioning, is I did have a patch of some red slime algae/bacteria on one area that I brushed off yesterday during my water change.

No recent additions or big changes to tank recently, though I have started dosing reef roids VERY sparingly (once a week), as I have poor growth with most my corals and my nitrates and phosphates have been reading 0.

Back