Geoff’s 265 build

Looks great, good choices! Are they clarkii clowns? You might want to get another nem or two just so they don’t love this one to death, lol!

Looks great, good choices! Are they clarkii clowns? You might want to get another nem or two just so they don’t love this one to death, lol!
Thx! Wanted to start w some classics. They are indeed Clarkis! Ive never had this species before so I figured why not! Sad news about the nem…I cannot find it anywhere. I came downstairs the next morning and it was gone! No evidence of it going into the powerheads although I cannot say for sure. Im hoping that it pops back up somewhere.

Thx! Wanted to start w some classics. They are indeed Clarkis! Ive never had this species before so I figured why not! Sad news about the nem…I cannot find it anywhere. I came downstairs the next morning and it was gone! No evidence of it going into the powerheads although I cannot say for sure. Im hoping that it pops back up somewhere.
Yeah, I’ve seen that happen when the clowns are much bigger than the anemone. It probably closed up and moved somewhere deeper in the rocks where the clowns can’t get at it. Clarkis host BTAs in the wild and I’m sure they found it at some point. If you want them to host a nem I would try and find one that’s at least 2-3x as big as them, or give them multiple smaller nems so they can go back and forth and not smother them, lol!

Btw, how's the dottyback doing? That's one badass fish
This fish is a monster. Eats like a pig and will swallow a frozen cube of mysis whole lol. Loves the purple tang and clownfish though. I added a beautiful Leopard Wrasse yesterday and within minutes the dampier went right after it. It did one super hard hit from the bottom, like how a great white shark attacks…The wrasse was stunned and swimming erratically so I netted it and put it in the sump hoping it would survive the blow and then i could rehome the wrasse, but it was dead in the morning. Im going to have to be smarter about which fish i can add in the future. I have never seen any aggression w it before so i took a gamble w adding
IMG_2334.jpeg
IMG_2332.jpeg
the wrasse. Now i know why they are called fire tail devil.

There's a good thread on @Humblefish forum with compatibility of fish.

This fish is a monster. Eats like a pig and will swallow a frozen cube of mysis whole lol. Loves the purple tang and clownfish though. I added a beautiful Leopard Wrasse yesterday and within minutes the dampier went right after it. It did one super hard hit from the bottom, like how a great white shark attacks…The wrasse was stunned and swimming erratically so I netted it and put it in the sump hoping it would survive the blow and then i could rehome the wrasse, but it was dead in the morning. Im going to have to be smarter about which fish i can add in the future. I have never seen any aggression w it before so i took a gamble w adding View attachment 194900View attachment 194901the wrasse. Now i know why they are called fire tail devil.
He even looks angry LOL!

There's a good thread on @Humblefish forum with compatibility of fish.

Ty i just registered and posted over there

Had to get rid of the dottyback so i can add more fish. Couldn’t catch the bugger with a net, so i used a hook and worm from my back yard took him to my LFS who wasn’t interested in taking him, so I went to petco down the street to surrender him, and luckily I fid because they had this beautiful large naso tang. With my rewards points I payed around $55 for him! Also picked up a gold spot rabbit fish from pet pro in Bangor. They usually have excellent prices and a decent selection of fish at pet pro if anyone is ever in Bangor.
B9B462FB-6AAF-4CAC-AF62-36F7A7CB6C22.jpeg
E683EFF1-5320-4703-847C-C38FD112E260.jpeg

Back