Gorg ID plz

Cardiak

Non-member
I just got this new Gorgonian, does anyone here happen know what specific type it is?.... and whether or not it is photosynthetic? Im having trouble trying to find it on google and im not sure if I should leave it where it is near the top of the tank or put it down low in the shadier areas.

Attachments

• GORGFULLVIEW.jpg
    GORGFULLVIEW.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 84
  • CLOSEUPGORG.jpg
    CLOSEUPGORG.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 83
Man that gorg is sweet...I searched but couldn't come up with anything other than some pictures of golden gorgonians that looked pretty similar. Judging by the polyps I would guess that it will probably require feedings a couple times a week, but it may also be photosynthetic as well. Some Gorgs need both strong light and frequent feedings and I would try both. I have a purple ribbon (phoyosynthetic) that extends polyps that I target feed cyclopeze which it takes in very well...i'm also located in RI and would love to know where you purchased that guy...

Nice!! I love sea creatures, but by the time I get there stuff like that is usually gone...That is a really nice piece, I am curious to find out more about it as far as it being photosynthetic or not.

I don't know the specific type of gorg, but based on the polyp color I would say it is not photosynthetic. It is gorgeous!

Back