hate suction cups!!!!

Owen386

Non-member
Hey fellow reefers,

So I hate suction cups. My power heads are held in place by suction cups and all to many times I will wake up, come home whatever and find I can see bare bottom because my PH moved outta place. Is there any easy DIY I could put into place to prevent? For the time being until I get some decent PH mmmmmmmmm.......Mp20...drooooll TIA

-OWEN

I know exactly what you mean. Best thing I ever bought was a power head with the magnet. Wish they would do that for heaters. Ooops, said to much.

I'm not sure if this will work, as I never tried it (too new to the hobby lol), but you can buy earth magnets wicked cheap on good deals -- maybe try attaching one earth magnet to the powerhead with some good glue, and use another earth magnet on the other side of the tank to hold it up? pretty much mimicking what the magnetic powerheads do, except with cheap, super strong magnets ... :)

if you wanted to super cheap out, you could buy the magnet kits and double up the numer of power heads you can support by using the earth magnets outside, and the kit magnets inside.

Every power head I have, Ecotech, Tunze and even sureflo modded maxijets all have magnet holders. It is not worth losing your reef to a sandstorm from a crappy plastic suction cup that is going to get stiff and brittle from exposure to salt water and intense light

I got my PW off eBay so they are no name think there's kits for them? Been looking to no avail... any links to where u guys are buying these kits would be much appreciated. Thanks

- Owen

The non-descript magnets work fine. Might need to glue one magnet onto the power head (depending on brand) and use the second magnet on the outside of the glass.Even better and inexpensive is a magnet glass cleaner (similar to Mag Floats). Again, glue one half onto powerhead and the other on the outised of the glass.

Get a plastic J hanger of some sort and zip tie it to that... Haha real cheap!!

Magnets do work better just gotta make sure the ones in te tank are sealed...

Back