Hey Everyone

Phealey

BRS Member
New to BRS!! Very new to the hobby had a tank for less than a year so far so good but a lottttt of learning done so far and seems to be an infinite amount to go. I do have an initial question about lighting - I have a waterbox90.3 so 60ish gallon display and am lighting with two ai primes for the last year or so and am wondering if these are underpowered any thoughts would be much appreciated, happy to be here thanks!

Hey welcome! Under-powered can also be somewhat subjective, as lower light demanding corals or even placement can help. Suggestion would be to become a member and join the club par-meter list. That way you can meter your tank and know the exact par to help better place your corals.

Last edited:
Hey welcome! Under-powered can also be somewhat subjected, as lower light demanding corals or even placement can help. Suggestion would be to become a member and join the club par-meter list. That way you can meter your tank and know the exact par to help better place your corals.
That's a good suggestion. A par meter will tell you what kind of Light reaches different levels of your tank and then you can use that information to determine if your meeting the needs of the kinds of corals you want to grow. I've got a soft Coral tank so my needs are different than someone who does SPS that require high intensity lights.

Interesting ok so if I become a member I can borrow the par meter? Thanks for letting me know pretty sweet perk will join later

Interesting ok so if I become a member I can borrow the par meter? Thanks for letting me know pretty sweet perk will join later
Benefits of membership:
  • Posting items for sale in the Marketplace forum
  • Access to Club Equipment (PAR meter, fish traps etc)
  • Participation in our photo and grow-out contests
  • Eligibility to vote for Board of Directors
  • The warm fuzzy feeling of supporting the community aspect of our hobby which can get lost in Facebook or larger national forums :)

1673863049802.gif

Back