Hi from Allston, MA, ahead of free stuff post

davediode77

Non-member
Hi, I'm in Allston, MA, and am planning to move to Hawaii, so am posting in welcome/intros to be able to post in Marketplace -> Free Stuff and possibly in the paid threads. Need to get out of the hobby and focus on moving. Thanks and look forward to finding a good home(s) for my stuff.
--David

I'm jealous. I hope to get back there some day. Good luck with your move.

Thank you, both! Luckily, I have several months to do this. Rather than try to find someone to take the entire display tank and help me break it down, maybe it's better to give away the fish and rock first? I don't know what the most efficient way is to liquidate. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks again!

Thank you, both! Luckily, I have several months to do this. Rather than try to find someone to take the entire display tank and help me break it down, maybe it's better to give away the fish and rock first? I don't know what the most efficient way is to liquidate. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks again!
Usually livestock first

Welcome to the site, and hopefully you can get a new tank setup in Hawaii. Honestly not sure if it would be easier in Hawaii, or harder with a ton of restrictions.

As for liquidating,
- I'd start with fish, corals and other livestock asap.
- then live rock and sand
- then high value equipment (lights and other specially equipment)
- Then package the tank stand and anything less for a cheap bundle

You can try to sell as a setup but tbh it probably won't unless you're willing to part with it for significantly less than its worth or takes a long time to sell

Last edited:
Back