How do you keep your tank cool?

Don’t forget being in mass you get the rebate(which you might have factored in already) and a 0% interest 7 year heat loan. My house is all electric baseboards bought around the same time as you and we went the opposite route solar for my house is a bit of a gamble with where it’s facing.
Oh interesting, was that recently changed? When looking at HEAT loans I didn’t see that. If I could get one I definitely might next year if student loans don’t beat me down

Oh interesting, was that recently changed? When looking at HEAT loans I didn’t see that. If I could get one I definitely might next year if student loans don’t beat me down
It’s through mass save, so you have to do a home energy assessment. Essentially they will go through and tell you where improvements can be made and what rebates/incentives you may qualify for by upgrading said equipment/part of your house. They do them for water heaters, washer if old enough, dryers, dehumidifier, heating etc and then you can even buy thermostats and other stuff from them at a highly discounted price.

Keeping the tank cool by keeping the house cool is the first biggest step of improvement. Then have a fan blow across the water in the sump or main tank to help with evaporation which cools it even further. I keep my tank at 76.

fans on apex triggered by water temp. does a pretty good job if window shakers are not on

78? Mid-summer my tanks will creep up to 82-83. Already breaking 80.

Fans help a ton. I do have a chiller that clicks on at 82. Electric is out of control for me to set the chiller lower.

One thing I notice big increase in PE when the temps rises. Kinda cool.
What’s PE?

Back