iodine question

scottv1025

Non-member
i haven't done a water change in 6 months because all tests are always good and everything is doing great . should i be putting anything in the water besides cal . how about iodine ? also do u guys think this is why i can't hold zoos alive . because they an't eating plankton

Last edited:
I think the reason you can't keep them alive is because you haven't done a waterchange in 6 months. There are many things in the water that corals are using to stay healthy, same thing with fish. Do some water changes and you'll find an increase in health and growth in all your animals.

I've been extremely successful over the years at growing Zoanthids in my 54 G corner tank. The only thing that I add to this tank is a homemade two-part calcium and alkalinity solution, and some kalkwasser for top-off. I occassionally also add some magnesium if that drops. Other than that I feed the fish.

Is there a chance that there is some other problem in your tank? You might want to list out the parameters in your tank, I know you said they were great, but that is sometimes a matter of opinion. Calcium, alkalinity, salinity, magnesium, temp, pH, etc. Could it be the salinity of the tank is way off?

I think the reason you can't keep them alive is because you haven't done a waterchange in 6 months. There are many things in the water that corals are using to stay healthy, same thing with fish. Do some water changes and you'll find an increase in health and growth in all your animals.

Not nessesarrily(SP) tanks that are stabe can last a long time without changes.

Alk is kinda low, try to keep it closer to 8.

Also, are the rocks theyu are on still there? Them might have been blown off. It's happened to me a suprising amount.

Back