Kessel A360 vs Radion XR30W & XR30W Pro. Who likes which?

JoelA

Returning Reefer
Interested in folks experiences. From what I have read the latter is the powerhouse of the bunch but then it is suggested that one not run the on full power. Lots of control over light color etc. What do folks think?

Thanks everyone!

I have seen the Kessel in action but have no experience using it on my tanks. I have two Radions, both a Gen2 and a Pro. I have yet to find another LED that allows for the same customization of full spectrum, with the same level of ease doing so, as the Radions do. It is true that you do not always run them at full power but that will depend entirely on the size tank you have and what layout you are using. I used to think the Radions were overpriced and you were just paying for a name- until I tried them. I think lesser lights can work but you will not have the same customization capabilities that you will get with the Radions.

I'm slowly converting over from three 250w Radiums w/Lumatek ballasts to three Kessils and a 4 bulb ATI sunpower - to be done before the summer heat. I replaced one MH so far with a Kessil a360we on a 300g (72x32x30). It's placed in the middle and looks good flanked by the MH. It's definitely not as bright as the MH though, even at 100%. I love the shimmer effect I get from the Kessil and that I can control both blue/white spectrum and intensity with my apex. You can do the same with the Radions I believe with their internal programming. With the Kessil, I have enough customization to get the light the way I like it. It matches the radiums pretty well in spectrum where I have it dialed in. My friend has 3 radion xr30Pro's. And while the customization by color is pretty wild, I don't like the spot lighting he gets on his sand and rocks - I can see individual color bulbs. I don't get that with the Kessils. I also can't do lightening storms if that's important to you, nor integrate with vortechs. But for a tunze guy with an apex, it's the right answer for me so far. Haven't had it long enough to speak to growth.

I've had the kessil a360w running for a full month. My tank looks amazing. I have had more growth in the last 30 days than the last year. I live in Somerville if you'd like to see them in action.

Back