Lighting Upgrade Suggestions Combo Units

Old Glory

Non-member
Hi I am looking to upgrade my lighting system. I currently run a 4 bulb T5 fixture with LED Moonlights. 2 Blue +; 1 ABS; 1 Coral +.

I want to upgrade to a combo of T5 and either LED or MH. I was hoping to get a fixture that had both (T5 + LED or MH) in one unit.

I love the colors of the T5 and was hoping to keep that aspect but add the more intense LED or MH. I want to be able to grow SPS and possibly add a clam. The other option is going with a six bulb T5.

What are your suggestions concerning combo units or would a sixbulb T5 do what I want?

Thanks!

Tank is 90 gallon mixed reef with some LPS and a few SPS. 30 gallon breeder sump.

I have a 2 x 250 MH 20K and 4 T5s and I love the color and growth I have. The T5s give you the ability to adjust the color to your liking. I know that the same result can be achieved with LEDS as well. Personally, I see mixed reviews on whether LEDs are optimal for long term coral growth so for now I am sticking with the tried and true methods, although in the long run it way more expensive the LEDS.
I am selling my 48" unit in a couple weeks if you are interested. Almost done setting up a 180 with the same basic lighting as I mentioned above except with 3 MH 20K

I have a 2 x 250 MH 20K and 4 T5s and I love the color and growth I have. The T5s give you the ability to adjust the color to your liking. I know that the same result can be achieved with LEDS as well. Personally, I see mixed reviews on whether LEDs are optimal for long term coral growth so for now I am sticking with the tried and true methods, although in the long run it way more expensive the LEDS.
I am selling my 48" unit in a couple weeks if you are interested. Almost done setting up a 180 with the same basic lighting as I mentioned above except with 3 MH 20K

What unit is this?

Back