List of LFS worth visiting?

cypho

Non-member
Does anyone have a list of all/most/lots of the LFS (worth visiting - no need to include every petco with 1 half dead yellow tang) within an hour or two of Boston?

I've been to Skiptons, Jays, and Coral Reef Aquarium but I'm sure there are lots of other worthwhile places worth checking out.

well theres aqua addicts, jays, and oceans in glass all in salem nh id say its worth a trip, saw a sweet 500 dollar clam at aqua addicts the other day with a hawkfish sitting in it haha

Underwater World in the Taunton Galleria Mall is a great store. They always have a good coral selection.

There is also Lovely Pets in Quincy. I haven't been there in a while but last time I was there they were renovating.

You might even be surprised with the Hanover Petco, they've had frag tanks. There are a few, and I mean a few, select Petco's that are good for saltwater mainly because they employ some dedicated hobbyists. I know theres one more I just can't remember where lol.

Last edited:
+1 to the petco thing the one in nashua has a very healthy frag tank, and surprisingly just as much saltwater tanks as freshwater

Somebody needs to put a good lfs somewhere in between Salem and Boston/Northshore. Lets say.... Burlington. :)

tropic isle allways has the most fish and deff the most tanks some where around 600....

The Fish Nook in Acton, MA has really expanded it's salt water selection. They quarantine all of their fish for 3 weeks
before selling.

That's the one in n Prov... Very nice he just runs out of livestock quickly!!! But it's a great spot

he get livestock in on thursday nights and there is a line to get in Packed Thursday nights. I go fridays around 11:30am but great prices and great looking fish by saturday he just has odds and ends left.

Back