looking for local source for cuttlefish eggs and live misid shrimp

I saw a school of cuttlefish in turtle cove, USVI last week and it reminded me of this thread.

I think I saw a cuttlefish in unique aquaria a week or two ago. They might still have it.

My trio of cuttles from B laid eggs last week, I am hoping to get a hatch, in any event it has been a blast keeping them, they come to the top when we enter the room and like to stoke our fingers.

My cuttlefish are now taking small frozen shrimp and small frozen lancefish (I think this is what it's called). I've also had one eat a single frozen Mysis shrimp, but it was a pretty large shrimp. They seem to ignore anything very small. I need to pick up some frozen krill and try that soon.

My cuttlefish have also grown to some extent. There is also a bit of 'posturing' between the two which make me nervous, but I assume they are a pair as they've not killed each other over the 4 weeks or so we've had them. Surprisingly it's still fairly easy to spook them. They shoot out a bit of ink when this happens.

Well so far I have had my cuttlefish pair for about a month now. They have been eating very well on both frozen shrimp and live grass shrimp.

So far they have laid about 3 dozen eggs and about 12-15 have hatched. I have them feeding on live mysid shrimp and probably are also eating the amphipods and copepods that are in the nursery tank. So awesome to watch these little guy's. :) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406588138.321318.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1406588239.946632.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1406588370.838591.jpg

well 21 of my eggs hatched last night, all but one still had the egg sac, I moved the one without to a holding breeding box. Still have about 20 more eggs I think will hatch.
babycuttle.jpg

Back