looking to upgrade my skimmer-bc29

JTM4UG

REEFER
BRS Member
Right now I'm using the oceanic mini skimmer in chamber 1 and have in tank refugium and media basket taking up chamber 2. Heater and return in chamber 3. I'm going to start dosing vodka today and want to upgrade the skimmer for better skimmate. Right now I get a lot of foamy skimmate but its rarely dark and I feel I'm getting very little actual waste skimmed. Any suggestions for something that is either hob or will fit in chamber 1?

I'm battling hair and purple slime algaes and I want to be able to skim off most of the die off when the vodka starts working

Forgot to mention I have tried several wooden air stone brand and found a generic that seems to work the best. Still not skimming the way I have seen in the past with tunze or remoras

The aquatic life mini fits in the first chamber. Do a search on google and there are some videos.

I have also seen people use a aqua c remora (which is the skimmer I use on my 45 cube and love it). The one I saw ran a longer in take tube so the pump sat on the bottom of the second. I didn't personally use it just saw it when I was looking for one when I had a biocube.

Vodka dosing will give you a lot of wet skim.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

yes ive heard that it helps alot with algaes. im going to start with 1 drop a day and gradually increase until im up to 3 drops or so

I would do with the aquatic life mini. Heard good things. Read a lot when I had my biocube about it. Let me see if I can find the video. He shows you how it fits and everything

ive decided because of the price point and reviews im going to get the aquatic life mini. Ill let you know how it works out. seems like it will fit perfect in the first chamber and can be modded to pull even more.

Wow what a difference. Pulls as much as my tunze 9002. Little messier with the micro bubbles going everywhere but fit in chamber 1 perfectly and took 10 seconds to install

Back