Mating/Pairing Fish

ADOWG

Non-member
how long does it take for clownfish to pair off. I have had a pair of picassos for about 4 months now, and I have noticed that one has gotten bigger (making her the female) but she does not take too kindly to the male, and does not allow the male into my rose bubble tip anemone. Just wondering if they will ever like each other, or if I am just impatient, or what. Just want to hear from the expert.

I also have a pair of bangaii cardinals, and I'm curious to know if they are like clownfish where they go through a sexual maturity process, or if it is just a luck of the draw kind of thing in a sence that sometimes you will get two males, or two females, and rarely do you actually get a male and a female to breed. Hope everything is concise and that someone can help me out best of luck

P.S
I have a red sea max 130c and it has 2 picasso clownfish 2 bangaii cardinals 1 six line wrasse and a blue lined goby I also have some acans a green plate coral and some other soft corals.

They fight and spawn sporadically through the day. Here are my fireclowns spawning. Much of the time they are fighting. The larger one is about 25 years old and the smaller one is maybe 18.
The Bangai's normally don't fight, they just swim near each other all day and don't do much. All of a sudden, the male has a mouth full of eggs. The lifespan of a bangai cardinal is only about 3 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IduVdbx4q8M

Back