meeting dates???

stang8s

Cyber P
What happened to trying to have meetings the last weekend of the month? Used to be easy to reserve those weekends on my calandar. Now it seems like they are anytime..Typically towards the start of the month. Is there any convention to this or is it just totally random?
10/2
11/6
12/11

Not trying to start any @$(&$@ or any flame fest, just seriously wondering...

I know putting the November and December meetings at the end of the month would cause some conflicts with holidays. Not sure about the October one though, it was probably just to get the interim election done as quickly as possible.

Last edited:
Rob has pegged it. The September meeting was going be the last Saturday in September, but there was a festival in Wakefield that day and the parking near the library would have been really bad. So, the meeting was held the following week. We considered having another meeting in October, but we have found in the past that having meetings spaced less several weeks apart usually makes for low attendence. We were considering the idea of a Halloween costume party near the end of the month, but there seemed to be little interest in the poll we conducted, and lots of folks have other parties around Halloween that they attend.

Late November means Thanksgiving, few would come, venue would also be difficult.

Late December means Christmas, few would come (lots of other parties) and venue would be particularly difficult and expensive.

I'm sorry we messed up your schedule, but we are trying to give a decent early notice.

Nothing is stopping anyone from having an additional meeting anywhere they would like, if the price is right and you think you will get a lot of people to come. You can always post a poll to gauge interest and mention where you think we could meet, and let the BOD know the cost of the venue.

BTW, I might still be able to reserve the Wakefield library for the end of Oct. but frankly I'm a little tired of all the complaints about it (size, etc.).

Thats cool. I forgot about the holidays!

Thinking outloud: I wonder if there is any weekend that works out every month as not being a conflict with holidays. We have already shown that the last weekend is bad for several months, thanksgiving, xmas, memorial day.. The first weekend is often bad with newyears, 4th of july, labor day.. MAybe the 2nd or 3rd weekend of every month?

As for venues.. I had posted awhile back that i found 2 places in marlboro that are large and cheap...

Back