Modifying a Ca Reactor to measure pH after 1st chamber?

Armando

v 4.0
Does anyone know how to modify a dual chamber Calcium reactor so it is possible to measure (through a probe/controller) the pH of water coming out of 1st chamber?

Pretty easy, take a 1/2 PVC "T" use plugs to seal the two opposing ends and tap them then use John Guest fittings in the tapped holes. Then plug the the last part of the T and drill out the plug to the same diameter as the probel, seal with PVC cement.
Now split the rigid tubing connecting the two chambers and splice the line with the T

or give me a few days and I whip one up

I use this fitting from McMaster its 1/2 NPT male pipe thread on the fitting side and about 1/2 diameter rubber gasket on the probe end, they are designed for waterproof cable feed through applications. Just hand tight on the hex nut is all thats required for a water tight seal, probe shown is a pinpoint. I will look up the part number if your interested, they only cost a couple of bucks also probe is easy to remove for cleaning or replacement.

Jim

Last edited:
those are great suggestions. right now i'm having a hard time understanding them because i worked 16 hours today but tomorrow it'll make a lot more sense :D

Back