my clowns are spawning I'm a clownfish grandfather

Here's a couple pics with the eggs

7052b6272941a80043b53c3bb6cfe215.jpg

edf19272847c41ce9deec2aff9b537d3.jpg

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

That's great.

Don't stress out about trying to raise the first batch. IME once they start laying eggs, they keep laying eggs. Don't be surprised if you start seeing batches predictably every 13-15 days or so.

If you do want to try rasing them, take your time, read up, and get food cultures growing before you worry about collecting fry or buying anything in a hurry.

That's great.

Don't stress out about trying to raise the first batch. IME once they start laying eggs, they keep laying eggs. Don't be surprised if you start seeing batches predictably every 13-15 days or so.

If you do want to try rasing them, take your time, read up, and get food cultures growing before you worry about collecting fry or buying anything in a hurry.

Thanks John I'm gunna hold off for like the 6th batch and hopefully I will have everything I need if not I keep waiting till I have everything.

Thanks guys I was so excited they was spawning, my wife was even really excited.

Did they become aggressive towards the other fish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully you can get them to lay eggs on something that you can remove and place into a separate tank. My clowns use to lay eggs on a tile I placed in the corner of the tank. The tiles were held together with fishing line and one was placed in the tank and the other outside of the tank. You are making phytoplankton which is great. Now you need to get some rotifers going.

My hatchery is all setup and ready to go. Hopefully I will be collecting the first batch tonight

7f9f7fb80528c8abeb9e0210c4fc11cf.jpg

857b678c7faa3a364c6d768d6c6f7099.jpg

6d03576d19958d042aa695ee9d3b4fec.jpg

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Is that bottom tank what you will raise them in? When I was raising clowns, I would syphon them into a little gallon kid tank. You want to keep them in the water they were hatched in, or you'll shock them.

Is that bottom tank what you will raise them in? When I was raising clowns, I would syphon them into a little gallon kid tank. You want to keep them in the water they were hatched in, or you'll shock them.

All that's water in that tank is from the same tank the will be hatching from.

Back