My pom pom crab is carrying eggs

Royalty

Reefer In Training
I came home to find out that one of my pom pom crab is crab carrying eggs I never flet this proud before lol but I'm not sure what kind of steps I should tank to make sure they grow up to be healthy little craby's and how will they get there anemome's? I read somewhere that others have had success breeding them but I can't find any links with my metrophone to get some help on breeding this cute little guys. If any on here could shine some light on how to care for my baby pom poms I would be very greatful.

I've had them carry eggs before but never had anything come of it, at the very least I'd say you'll need a breeder tank for the crab and one to rear the babies if they hatch. I'd get some rotifers handy as well.

I've had them carry eggs before but never had anything come of it, at the very least I'd say you'll need a breeder tank for the crab and one to rear the babies if they hatch. I'd get some rotifers handy as well.
I tried getting some rotifers locally but non of my lfs have any available i was going to reset up my 6.5 rr fluval and keep it runnin for a show qt tank for incoming fish ,inverts and corals but i think i could make it work as a breeder to my only problem is the lack of space. im currently roommatting and i already have a 46bow in my bedroom along with my furniture and its kinda feelin to crowded so i might just see how things go maybe my little guys will make it and grow up to be big and stronge .

It will come at night and stand at high current area then it will release all those eggs into the current.

You will see eggs everywhere, pretty noticeable.

Mine has carried a few clutches of eggs. I was excited as well, and I researched it a bit; apparently a lot of people's pom poms are always with eggs, and there haven't been any reports of them ever being bred in captivity. I think people are having issues getting the larvae to settle or something.... they are also really sensitive, so you would need a special atypical setup.

Back