My wild caught mandarin is eating frozen!

Kman2010

I know a lot of people probably have this happen daily, but I am just excited to see him go after frozen foods! Woot!

I just picked up a very large one, literally 15 mins ago, got him acclimating now. I got tons of pods but I hope I'm as fortunate.

Hint for anyone who has a wild caught mandarin. I was feeding my coral with my eye dropper, and my mandarin has become aware my arm is no threat. He is now bottle feeding :) he will come right up to me and eat the brine right out of the dropper!

Congrats. When my mandarins started eating frozen it was like a weight was lifted off my chest....such a relief... chubby mandarins look awesome in my opinion.......congrats again

I also have a pair of wild caught and they both eat frozen....go figure the ORA ones i bought both starved cuz they never touched frozen or my pods.

our mandarin recently started eating pellets! :p he was a pod only fish earlier, then started munching on the brine, and now he is eating pellets! :) either the bugger is really hungry, or he wants to try out what all the other fish are so happy about :p

i'm bummed. my mandarin is ignoring brineshrimp. he eats a few pieces, but not nearly enough to sustain himself. I just need a pod booster. some cheato or something

Brine isn't enough to sustain life for a mandarin. Try tobiko/fish roe(mandarin crack) and definitely work on getting him to eat mysis. PEmysis seems to work better than others IME

The other thing is try and feed you other fish to one side and then your mandarin on the other, that way he has a chance to get to the food.

Back