Wild caught tropical fish

cstmpprl

Non-member
I know that a few on the list have gone to RI Newport i think. And done this. I'm on vacation Next week and wanted to do a day trip with Madeline. Anyone know a good place to catch some cool fish. Must be a kid friendly place ? Any tips and tricks you could share?
Michelle

You could try King's Beach, it is on Brenton Point. It is not a beach, it is an old boat ramp and one side is a sheltered cove. A lot of dive shops use King's Beach for first open water dives due to the normally calm water. Just down the road is Brenton Point Park, there are large open fields and restrooms. It is a real beautiful area to sit out and have a picnic and fly a kite with the kids.

Ive dived kings beach very nice, and tons of fish around there due to the calm waters

I don't swim, Or even like the water. Can they snorkle, and could I just go knee deep and see them? Looks like we are going Sunday we will see how the weather will be. How about fort wetherill? Neadc is having an event there in a couple weeks, But that does not fit my schedule.
Michelle

Michelle, Fort Wetherill is going to depend on the wind direction. If it is out of he south, it can get rough there. Also, the side that is to the left of the boat ramp at Fort Wetherill will usually be a little calmer. I would not see a problem with them snorkling at King's Beach.

Back