Need opinion on skimmer

tucc185

Non-member
A friend of mine has a 92 gal tank and is looking for a good skimmer that will fit in sump and isn't gigantic. Are the new coralife needle-wheel skimmers any good? What would you recommend? Thanks in advance,
Mike

new coralife needle wheels are ok. Maybe slightly better then your average HOT skimmer. I personally dont use one, but I also might be willing to spend more then some.

My recommendations are:

Euro-reef 8-1 (what I use on my 92 corner) Its not too tall so fits under most stands. it does have a diameter of about 8" so make sure you have that space free.

If you want a little cheaper, go with the asm g series. Only warning with ASM is they are fragile. very thin acrilics, so if you are accident prone, go with the euroreef.

Either of those skimmers will get the job done well.

There are also available in recircluating models of each of the above that are nice, are they worth the money, it debatable. Scott put together a DIY theard for modifing a euro-reef on your own.

AquaC makes nice skimmers that fit in sumps. I have an EV series and it pulls some nasty stuff out of my tank.

ASM is coming out with and even smaller model then the G-1 if that is to big for his sump.

I love my new Euro-Reef RS5-3 that I have on my 72. I have to empty the collection cup a few times a week.

If you go Aqua C stick with the EV series if you have the room. The urchin\remora series are just ok in comparision to the EVs

Back