need to down-size- What would your dream tank be if it had to be under 50 gallons?

JasonandRay

Non-member
The 75 is too big, and too much trouble with all the kids running around my house. I need to bring the tank into my room, but I am worried about the support of the house, so I am think about going for a tank under 50 gallons or so. Would you go salona or a long shallow tank? Maybe a 40 gallon breeder? I dont know. Please post your Ideas :D

I recently went to a 40 breeder, built an overflow and stuck it at the end of the tank and set it up as a peninsula visible from 3 sides. I like the length and with of the 40 breeder and the shallow height makes the depth more pronounced. You are more than welcome to take a look to get some ideas since you are pretty close.

Last edited:
ya the 40B is a great tank and i think you can drill the bottom to so you could get it for 40$ when petco has that sale they do

quick paint drawing

Attachments

• room tank situation.jpg
    room tank situation.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 310
I just downsized into a 57G, I'm really happy with it even if I am 7G over ;)

is a 40 gallon breeder really 40 gallons? because that 48 gallon is 35.4 x 17.7x 17.7 and a 40s 36x17x16 right?

36x18x16 should be a 40b including the little black frame.

I think you should go with a nano, maybe even 10g ;-), they are challenging & affordable.

36x18x16 should be a 40b including the little black frame.

I think you should go with a nano, maybe even 10g ;-), they are challenging & affordable.
well the total volume will be greater then 10 gallons as what ever tank i get i am plumping through the wall and having all my equipment in the closet, i was thinking about a non-aga tank, like a really shallow or something. I think 10 is too small to fit anything but frags in

I really like the oceanic 58gallon rimless tank. I was going that direction until I picked up a 200 gallon.

is the concern about the tank in your room size, or weight?

Also, if you are putting equipment in a closet, are you planning to ventilate it?

A shallow tank would be cool. What were you thinking for a hight? they're great for growing out frags.

Back