need to down-size- What would your dream tank be if it had to be under 50 gallons?

I love shallow tanks. 30breeder, 40 breeder. Or smaller Ada 60-f.

But even better, if I had the money I'd get a custom tank that's longer than it is wide and about 9-10" tall. Maybe 48x24x9?

I just went from a 75 to a 40breeder and I couldn't be happier. 18 inches deep, same as the 75 but only three feet and more shallow so its easier to light. Great mid size tank.

I just went from a 75 to a 40breeder and I couldn't be happier. 18 inches deep, same as the 75 but only three feet and more shallow so its easier to light. Great mid size tank.

Hmmm.. seems like everybody is getting a 40 breeder. Ill have to go by petco and check out the dimensions. I was thinking maybe a tide pool tank or something

i might be an odd ball here, but i think the 33 long is a great tank 48"x12"x12" you could pack it with tons of coral, and lots of little fish. any stand and sump for a 55, or 75 will work/fit + where it is only 12x12 you have cool water flow options too.

i want to make a 72x12x12 someday.....dream

my drilled 50g? Or put the tank on you bed wall and move around your room that wall could hold a 125 if you really wanted its a newer house your fine...

I love the look of 33 longs also, the only downside IMO is only 12" wide, not a lot to work with.

I had a 45 cube and i liked it alot but did not like the height vs. the 18 inch width. It was sort of tall and narrow, the 24x24x24 which i think is 60g is a better footprint. Otherwise a 40 breeder seems the way to go, its nice and shallow and has plenty of room to aquascape.

I have seen some exceptional tanks on RC that are shallow long and wide. Im not sure how crazy you want to get but glass cages makes affordable decent tanks. The dems I liked the most was 40*16*16(end overflow), gave some options for layout but wasnt too big. They put smaller rocks on the sandbed and made a few islands with acros growing up and acans/brains on the bed near the rock bases. I think is 44g but you could even make it alittle wider for better depth and more aquascaping options.

Elos Midi or System 70
Custom rimless that is 24" wide
Skipton carries a nice rimless tank as well, can't remember the brand.
40 breeder as the last, cheap resort :)

Back