New Canon 60mm Macro Lens = new pics

jimrawr

Non-member
First time using a macro lens, and I am not the best photographer in the world by any means. Would appreciate any critiques and how to get better shots, as I am sure this lens can do a better job..

IMG_6650.jpg

IMG_6697.jpg

Looks pretty good. The first pic looks a bit out of focus to me. You could try manual focus so you can dial it in just right. Also I think if you raised the F-stop a bit then the background and foreground would be in focus too, unless you just want the coral in focus. Actinic lights seem to wreak havok on cameras sometimes because they are trying to compensate the greyscale IMO

thats what i was gonna say too Rob, the first one is out of focus but it looks like it got a little over exposure from the actinics + flash + light colored gravel. the second picture is beautious

thats what i was gonna say too Rob, the first one is out of focus but it looks like it got a little over exposure from the actinics + flash + light colored gravel. the second picture is beautious

That reminds me. You should shut the flash off on the camera most of the time so that you don't get flashback on the glass. If you do, take the pic at an angle so it doesn't show in the photo. (not that I see any here, I am just adding it). I find with my macro that if the water has any small particles floating around in it, they get picked up in the photo.

I think focus is your only issue. Even in the second pic the focus is still a bit off. Colors look great. You can try manual focus but make sure the diopter is set correctly so you are seeing a clear image with your eye! The diopter is usually the little wheel above the viewfinder has a + and -

Good luck and keep shooting pics!

Yeah I was definitely having a problem with focusing the lens. I dont have a tripod, and I wasnt using flash so trying to have the shutter speed around 1/4, and keeping my hands steady. I am thinking that a tripod is almost necessary for good tank shots?

Back