New Corals - need IDs on a couple

rharlow

Non-member
Just got these in today, I know some but want to double check ID as well as a couple I do not have an ID, but maybe a guess. Thanks

Chip

First up - Alveopora?

Attachments

• Alveopora.jpg
    Alveopora.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 167
Micromussa?? Also, on this piece, there are several small oval whitish slits with these thread like tentacles that pulse in and out. What could these be? Thanks

Attachments

• Micromussa.jpg
    Micromussa.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 168
Pectinia

Question, will this piece be ok with part of it under an overhang?

Attachments

• Pectinia.jpg
    Pectinia.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 161
Another Favia??? Common name Pineapple Coral?

Attachments

• Pineapple.jpg
    Pineapple.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 164
rharlow said:
Micromussa?? Also, on this piece, there are several small oval whitish slits with these thread like tentacles that pulse in and out. What could these be? Thanks
those are likely a worm that hitchhikes on lps polyps, I have been told they are not damaging but cant speak from personal experience, nor do I know how fast they multiply. My 2 cents,PT

Sebae Anemone - believe it or not, this was the reason for this order. (So, I added some other corals in, to make it worth the shipment) Although I think this guy is bleached out, hopefully I can nurse him to health. He finally seems to have settled in, foot has inflated to lock him in position, and he's no longer rolling and flipping over.

Attachments

• SebaeAnemone.jpg
    SebaeAnemone.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 157
Lastly, Acanthastrea?????

Thanks everyone!!!

Chip

Attachments

• Acan.jpg
    Acan.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 160
rharlow said:
Just got these in today, I know some but want to double check ID as well as a couple I do not have an ID, but maybe a guess. Thanks

Chip

First up - Alveopora?

Yup, 12 tentacles per polyp. If their were 24, it would be a Goni.

rharlow said:

Those are probably barnacles. Cool hitchikers.

i love that alveopora where did you get it?, good guesses
Thanks
Duds

Micromussa?? Also, on this piece, there are several small oval whitish slits with these thread like tentacles that pulse in and out. What could these be?

those are likely a worm that hitchhikes on lps polyps, I have been told they are not damaging but cant speak from personal experience, nor do I know how fast they multiply. My 2 cents,PT

Those are probably barnacles. Cool hitchikers.

I'd be more willing to think it was a worm. The slit is like between polyps. Not raised up. Looking carefully, the tentacles are shaped in a fan pattern that also seems to rotate and pulse.

Duds - glad to see you posting again! I got the Alveopora from Extreme Corals. I'll be posting my positive experience in the Vendor section.

Chip

Nice pickups!

I don't know whether that pectinia will be ok or not under that much shade, but be careful that it doesn't collect detritus in that orientation. Might want to put it at a slight angle so the flow can keep it clean. Otherwise you'll have to keep a close eye on it and blow it off when stuff lands on it.

Nate

Back