nitrite with sps

• Thread starter jokersplayground
  • Start date
i dont think he let his tank finish cycling cuz my test kit is still good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mine is reading .50 though. i know it dont look like it in the pic but i tried to get a good pic of it

if yours is reading .5, I would suspect the kit is bad or there is error in your testing. Something to note about API test kits; The line on the vial isn't always right. These things are mass produced cheap. Get a graduated syringe. Use that to measure your water. I still think a bad test kit. I don't use API. too many people have reported issues with it.

Understand the nitrite test is also inaccurate in a reef tank.

I will say it again it is a waste of time and money to test for nitrites in a reef/marine tank

Understand the nitrite test is also inaccurate in a reef tank.

I will say it again it is a waste of time and money to test for nitrites in a reef/marine tank
+1 waste of time and Api text kits are near worthless. I use mine I bought along time ago to text my pools ph and stuff.

would it kill his acros

will it change the color of them

i dont get it. why do alot of people say they need pristine water to be healthy and happy

i dont get it. why do alot of people say they need pristine water to be healthy and happy

It is simple Nitrite is not toxic to the tank inhabitant in a marine environment and testing for it is not very accurate for it.

I would say by pristine, they mean low nitrate and low phosphate. The idea being that nitrite is gone once nitrates are established.

Back