Penn Plax B11 auto on airpump saves the day again

Greg Hiller

BRS Moderator
Staff member
BRS Member
Came into work this morning to see the water level about 2 inches low in my work tank (44 Pent). Overflow failed, water spilled onto a cord, shorted out, tripped the braker. B11 kicked on and kept everything alive. NICE. Got everything restarted, only losses appear to be a few Xenia at the top of the tank. I had no idea that Xenia would dry up to become almost nothing....paper thin...amazing.

all the UPS/generator, etc backups can't take the place of that simple device. Glad you saved the tank......

No one ever noticed. I think the plug shorted and melted a tiny bit and that triggered the tiny breaker on the powerstrip. This was over a long weekend and no one was around in the office areas.

How does an overflow fail? Just wondering seeing that I'm about to mess with one...

Michael

No one ever noticed. I think the plug shorted and melted a tiny bit and that triggered the tiny breaker on the powerstrip. This was over a long weekend and no one was around in the office areas.

Ahh so it wasn't a building breaker then just the power strip. I think down here our electricians would really frown on having to so any work that was caused by a fish tank.

thank you for ,the impetus to get one. I should have put one up the day I set up my tank. Why is it I can order stuff I don't need and put this purchase off for so long. Tonight I order one!

Back