Reef Deal Petco 30% off fish and coral today and tomorrow

watch for ich.

Productive post... waiting for the other Petco flamers to appear.

As if Petco specializes in, or wants their fish/tanks/etc., to have or pass on Ich.

Sure, they have issues, but what store doesn't?

It's all about doing your research, examining the fish, and following proper QT procedures. If you don't, you take the risk with any new addition to your tank.

As if Petco specializes in, or wants their fish/tanks/etc., to have or pass on Ich.

It's all about doing your research, examining the fish, and following proper QT procedures. If you don't, you take the risk with any new addition to your tank.

There's wanting and there's taking action. They don't hire knowledgable staff or keep the proper equipment. You might find one far in between. I still haven't.

Here's a few more Petco flamers. http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2430886

You will have much more success starting with a healthy fish. (Obvious) What I mean IE is those fish are at 30% health while a fish from say one of our sponsors is much much healthier.

Petco is horrible with marine animals.

I do agree with examining the fish, care research, and Qt for the best results. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willing to at least take a look. So on that note, which Petco(s) is(are) worth visiting? Coming from 02026 Dedham MA ....

I have found that in the past few years the quality of staff and aquatic animals at Petco have increased dramatically. In Natick and Hudson in particular I have had very good experiences. And purchased quality, healthy captive bread fish and inverts. As with any purchase of live animals, anywhere, look carefully and take time to watch them for a while in the store and when you do purchase, quarantine everything.

I personally love the selection and frag tank at the one in Leominster. The one in Hadley (closest to me) is unfortunately very very basic.

Very well said, +1

Never underestimate what jewels you can find in the assorted frags

010.jpg

Went in to the Attleboro store yesterday hoping to grab some deals and they weren't having any sales at all. I asked and they had no clue about the 30%

The sale is only offered at what Petco calls "magnet" stores. I know for sure the Peabody & Woburn stores are considered "magnet" stores and were offering the sale this weekend.

Petco is great for cheap corals. Example: $50 Acropora, for $10 - sold as polyps. Dinner plate toadstool for $15, bought it during a sale that applied to all leathers. Big Watchman Goby for $10 (also bought during a sale).

Before someone says I stole that Acropora, I was trying to educate the sales kid. I wanted to buy the polyps but he kept saying those were mushrooms, I tried showing him pictures, but it was pointless. I then I asked about the Acropora and he said: Those are the polyps for $10. So I bought the "polyps" LMAO.

I have been thinking about ordering clams online. I hear they ship from the suppliers.

There's wanting and there's taking action. They don't hire knowledgable staff or keep the proper equipment. You might find one far in between. I still haven't.

Here's a few more Petco flamers. http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2430886

You will have much more success starting with a healthy fish. (Obvious) What I mean IE is those fish are at 30% health while a fish from say one of our sponsors is much much healthier.

Petco is horrible with marine animals.

I do agree with examining the fish, care research, and Qt for the best results. :)

Completely off base. Every live purchase I have made at Petco has lived, minus one fish that jumped. They use the exact same vendors as any other store. Ora, quality marine, etc.

It's just easier for you to bash

Completely off base. Every live purchase I have made at Petco has lived, minus one fish that jumped. They use the exact same vendors as any other store. Ora, quality marine, etc.

It's just easier for you to bash

Congratulations to you...

Back