Reef Deal Petco 30% off fish and coral today and tomorrow

I know a couple of people that used to work / work at Petco, they all say "get the merchandise before it hits our tanks, meaning be there for the delivery and grab them straight from the vendor tank. Never had an issue with fish I got that way, the one that were bought after sitting in their system are a totally different story, ...

Most of the vendors / importers quarantine and treat, part of the import requirements from what I've been told, so chances of getting bad stuff from them are not that large, once the livestock gets into a system where the retailer puts the "returned" stuff all bets are off.

Productive post...
As if Petco specializes in, or wants their fish/tanks/etc., to have or pass on Ich.

Sure, they have issues, but what store doesn't?

It's all about doing your research, examining the fish, and following proper QT procedures. If you don't, you take the risk with any new addition to your tank.

Lol! That's great, I couldn't agree with you more

pointless.
does not matter where you buy, from the store, directly from the vendor, or directly from BRS members or even from those that claim that their tank is pest free...etc
it's your responsibility to QT them again and to make sure they are problem free before you putting them in your tank.
Not sure why people keep blaming Petco for not QT their fish...etc, they do take care their livestock but only to certain point. Not like us. they are a business and not hobby like us.

Last edited:
Back