Ques. (Question of the Day) online shopping

Cpage101

Current BRS Vice President
Officer
BRS Member
I know most of us here like to support our sponsors but for the hard to get specialty items. What is your favorite online livestock and dry goods shopping place and why?

Dry goods it’s BRS hands down. Customer service is on point, and they have almost everything.

Livestock, I recently purchased fish from Dr Reefs quarantined, and they are doing well so far. I generally like buying my fish at the LFS so I can look at them first. For coral, I have used a few different online vendors and all have been great. It’s tough to beat Adam at Battlecorals for SPS. His customer service is excellent, his frags are always great size and well encrusted, and he ALWAYS throws in free frags. Top notch all the way around. I have had good luck with WWC, TCK, and Fraghouse also.

Saltwateraquarium.com:
-first responder/military discount
-they don't tax, unlike BRS

I've only ordered dry goods from them; can't speak to the quality of their livestock.

+1 for SaltwaterAquarium.com for dry goods. I am trying to slightly boycott BRS as this whole Aperture/Bertram Capital thing unfolds. I don't agree with this mutiny that is going on, but, that's a story for another time.

As for live stock, I try to buy from our sponsors and other members, but with a 1 year old at home, it's tough to go on 2/3 hour trips to buy corals. I have tried a couple new places recently and had a great experience ordering some sps from ReefNation.com. Good customer service, healthy frags and great prices. (my
experience below).

+1 for SaltwaterAquarium.com for dry goods. I am trying to slightly boycott BRS as this whole Aperture/Bertram Capital thing unfolds. I don't agree with this mutiny that is going on, but, that's a story for another time.

As for live stock, I try to buy from our sponsors and other members, but with a 1 year old at home, it's tough to go on 2/3 hour trips to buy corals. I have tried a couple new places recently and had a great experience ordering some sps from ReefNation.com. Good customer service, healthy frags and great prices. (my
experience below).

Gotta back that baby up and road trip. I remember the day, there used to be a shop on rte. 1A many years ago and after sitting in Boston traffic for an hour or so to get there, I did the Dad thing and drug my daughter by the hand through the store with her protesting the whole time about how bad it smelled in there at the top of her lungs. Start em young:p

Gotta back that baby up and road trip. I remember the day, there used to be a shop on rte. 1A many years ago and after sitting in Boston traffic for an hour or so to get there, I did the Dad thing and drug my daughter by the hand through the store with her protesting the whole time about how bad it smelled in there at the top of her lungs. Start em young:p
Haha you might be on to something. I'm supposed to take little man our tomorrow for a bit while my wife gets school work done. Maybe a reef road trim?? Hmmmmm...

Back