Random tank pics

Started my big new project today, first up, plumbing. Wow the fumes are strong w this stuff

More to come

Been toying with the idea of adding a 300 gal rubbermaid trough to be a look down tank with larger fish and rock, maybe corals, and plumb it into my existing system. Ive been slowly piecing together all the items and I finally got em all and started plumbing it. Its gonna be a work in progress but it has begun. I will take pics as I go.

Man am I jealous right now. I always wanted to do one of those as a lagoon style tank with mangroves and different types of feather dusters and clams. I would have the water moving kind of slow so the surface of the water would not be disturbed for easy viewing.

Still trying to get everything laid out and plan but dyin to get water in this thing

Ok I need ideas, I wanted to add something to the pipe that would strain the surface water like an overflow instead of just an open pipe, something like what is pictured but w teeth maybe? Thoughts ideas etc????

Cant wait see this beast up and running. Maybe you can just cut slots in the top of the T fitting and cap the ends.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

S_kelley what if you capped the ends of a t fitting and cut slots around 1/4" apart on the topside. It would be similar to what you show,in the pic?

Ya was thinking of capping and drilling a line of holes all the way around, think that would work or would that restrict it too much?

Maybe 3/8" holes so you will get a pretty good flow and hopefully not to noisy?

I'm gonna try it out, it's in my basement so I'm not too concerned w the noise

If you want fore volume you could try a 1" T with a reducer to connect it to the 3/4" line

Upcoming Events

June 9, 2024
Ben Johnson
Club Meeting

Back