Rectangular Fiji Cube

My next project is adding a fan under the tank to vent. I did not realize how warm and humid it gets under there. Not to mention stinky. The last tank I had had a stand with an open back. This tank has a sealed back.

I am having a container 3D printed to hold some carbon to help absorb the smells. And adding a computer fan to the stand, on a timer to run for 5 mins, 4-6 times a day. I was originally thinking of having one fan for exhaust and one for intake but I think I am overthinking this. One for exhaust should do the trick. Thoughts?

Quick update. So I removed my sand and beat Dino’s. As much as I don’t like to say it as I may jinx myself. Then hair algae popped up. Green hair algae. It is always something with this hobby!! Nutrients have been fairly stable. My phosphates were high for awhile but I have been feeding less and slowly lowering them. I toothbrush the rocks once a week to remove hair algae with an in tank filter running for 24 hours or so after I brush rocks. I added 15-20 turbos, which suck because they are always falling and dying. Awhile ago I added a Dollabella sea hare which was mowing down hair algae. He was big, probably 3-4”. I came home one day to find him in one of my Vortechs. I believe he crawled up there and was eating algae from it as he was literally wedged in there. I don’t think he died and just got stuck to it. I have since replaced him with another who is tiny. He seems to be munching on it but we will see. I also added a foxface who doesn’t touch the GHA.

I also had sand in my sump in a container that was the largest I could fit in the sump. I left it in the sump for 6 weeks and stirred it occasionally to hopefully let it get seeded with goodies while getting no light. Last week I added it into the tank, it covered about 20% of the tank, I put it all on one side. Good news is that no Dino’s popped uo, but after two to three days I get brown spots on it. Don’t know if it’s really brown or just GHA spots. Maybe diatoms. I will take a sample and look under the microscope when I get a chance. I put more sand in the sump to seed. I hate bare bottom.

Here’s a FTS. And a couple other pics. You can see the hair algae in some of them. I am excited to be picking up a big frag pack from flyfisherman in the next week or so. Shhh don’t tell my girlfriend!!

Attachments

• IMG_2319.jpeg
    IMG_2319.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2331.jpeg
    IMG_2331.jpeg
    186.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2333.jpeg
    IMG_2333.jpeg
    222.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2324.jpeg
    IMG_2324.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 7
Blues pic from my “observation chair”.

I really love the Orpheks. They are par monsters. SPS colors are great and I only have the white channels at 26% and 12%. I had them at 35 and 18 and was getting 600+ par on top of aquascape.

Attachments

• IMG_2334.jpeg
    IMG_2334.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 7
Couple of pics from today

Attachments

• IMG_2416.jpeg
    IMG_2416.jpeg
    266.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2414.jpeg
    IMG_2414.jpeg
    283.2 KB · Views: 5