Reef angel plus DC wavemaker = fun?

Docstach

Non-member
Finally got to play around with my reef angel controller and my wavemakers (Wp40x2). Kind of cool all of the things you can do (if you can get it to work correctly). Set up a program tonight; Midnight-5am: low random .5-5sec pulses 20-60% power, 5am-10am: random .5-5sec pulses 20-80% power, 10am-1pm: program that is suppose to stir up debris, not really sure what it is doing yet :) , 1pm-10pm: wave mode (800ms pulses, 90%power), 10pm-midnight: slow ramp up and down from 20%to40% power. At least that is suppose to happen? Will have to play around and make sure that is what it is doing.

I haven't hooked my WP10's to my Reef Angel yet.
I'm still getting everything else up and working the way I want it on the Reef Angel.

I'm intrigued by this being a sort of tech geek. I'm much more comfortable on the hardware side of things than programming code. I had a Neptune Controller Jr many years ago and I figured out programming code. How hard is it to program a Reef Angel? I go pretty simple on my set up. My Current USA Sundial has built in timers. My fuge light is on a timer. The only thing I think I should get is a Finnex or Blueline heater controller so I'm double protected with a thermostat in the heater and inthe controller but I'm ready to unplug my heater anyways for the summer season so it can wait on that until fall. Does anyone have one. What is their experience? Is Arduino something I really want to get involved in or will I pull my hair out and just wish I bought a Apex Jr.

I'm intrigued by this being a sort of tech geek. I'm much more comfortable on the hardware side of things than programming code. I had a Neptune Controller Jr many years ago and I figured out programming code. How hard is it to program a Reef Angel? I go pretty simple on my set up. My Current USA Sundial has built in timers. My fuge light is on a timer. The only thing I think I should get is a Finnex or Blueline heater controller so I'm double protected with a thermostat in the heater and inthe controller but I'm ready to unplug my heater anyways for the summer season so it can wait on that until fall. Does anyone have one. What is their experience? Is Arduino something I really want to get involved in or will I pull my hair out and just wish I bought a Apex Jr.

I have little to NO programming experience and still don't really know how to truly program. That being said I was able to cut, paste, and change other peoples code that are posted on the website to get the program that I wanted. They have a very nice user interface that allows you to set up everything without any code. The program then compiles the code for you, which you are free to modify if you want but certainly don't have to. I have been using there interface for a few weeks but just last night actually started messing with the code. I went back and forth for awhile on which controller I wanted, but in the end decided that the flexibility that the RA provides could be of benefit down the road. I have been happy with it so far.

Matt

Back