Return pump help

gene22

BRS Member
Replaced return pump from IM Nuvo Fusion 20 with a Marineland MJ 1200 but it makes a loud vibrating noise. Does anyone know of a quitter pump I can use on this tank? Thanks

Are you sure it's not touching anything/vibrating against something? If it's all hard lines you could install a soft section between the pump and hard lines to stop it from transmitting vibration to the rest of the plumbing. Also take it apart and inspect the impeller and shaft. I had a pump where the impeller had to be set just so or else it would be obnoxiously loud.

I have a pump from Rio and one from Life Guard and they're both nearly silent. I think the life guard was like $15 on bulk reef supply. The Rio was $40 at a LFS. The fan in my AI prime is louder than the Rio, and it's quieter than my laptop.

I use the MJ 900 on my IM20. The pump is almost completly silent. I don't think the tubing connected to the pump reaches the bottom of the tank so the pump is "floating" in a sense. Try twisting the tubing a bit to make sure the pump is centered in the chamber. Been using the MJ pumps for 2 years now and they've been great.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back