RODI Questions

buffalobill

Non-member
Since plumbing is not my expertise I just have a couple of questions. First off I bought my saddle valve today and trying to figure out how to set up my RODI unit. I bought it about a year ago and finally own my own house and have no problem piercing a water line instead of my landlords. My question is the saddle valve came with an optional insert for plastic tubing however my ice maker tubing doesn't fit right is it a problem if I don't use this insert. Also when I put the tubing in the valve I can pull it out with my hands just wondering if I did use that insert would I not have this problem or do I just need to tighten it with a wrench will that stop me from pulling it out. Finally as far as filters go my RODI has three chambers to put filters in not sure which filters to put in each one. The person who sold me it a year ago gave me extra filters but no directions so just wondering which ones to put in each slot. Sorry about asking dumb questions but if I screw this up my wife will @#$)%%%lets just say be mad...
Thanks
Kevin

you need that little brass fitting ...it keeps the compression of the line on the valve...it's alittle snug but it will go on

Back