RODI systems

bettez8789

BRS Member
Hello all
I’m looking to get an RODI system nothing crazy just need to keep a 10 gallon ato tank full and want to change like 50 gallons a week in my 220 what do you all recommend and do they make protable ones and something that doesn’t use to much waste don’t have anywhere to put the waste in the basement and I don’t want to run my well dry so ideas would be great
Ps it cost a lot to get RODI water from the fish store for me.
Thanks

BRS has a few models to choose from. They have 1 with a water saver option I believe.

Being on a well(I am too) I assume your water pressure is quite low. A good way to reduce the amount of waste water is to run a booster pump. I still do recommend a good quality rodi that produces the least amount of waste to clean water. Bulk reef supply and saltwateraquarium.com both have sales on at the moment for rodi systems. Alternatively you can roll the dice on a used model and keep in the back of your mind you might need to replace all of the filters for it to get that perfect water we chase.

Great choice switching to rodi, like I said I’m on a well and I’m not concerned the least about running my well dry (40 breeder, 60 cube, 20 long and soon to be a 180). I have I believe what they call a 6 stage with a booster pump but during the sale bought another canister housing to make it a 7 stage. I’m trying to make mine more efficient so the di lasts longer. I’m going to run anion, cation then mixed bed di as I’ve tested my water and I’m hoping this setup will help.

Good luck and happy reefing!

If you’re not sure the quality of the water coming out of your well I’d get a solid 6 or 7 stage BRS RODI system with a booster pump to reduce waste.

Something like this would work perfect for you. I doubt you’ll run your well dry running something that way. If you have a sump in your basement I’d run a waste line right into it, that’s what I did. You’re going to get a good amount of waste no matter what system you get. The commercial one I use to use at my brewery got 1 gallon to 1.1gallon of waste for instance.

Booster pump on well water might be necessary depending on psi coming out. I would look at spectrapure. They are best out of Arizona. Great company great customer service. If you email them or get them in the phone and explain to them what you’re seeing in your tank or could send them a water sample they will recommend the correct rodi filter cartridges. They also sell a 1:1 ratio system as well. They are more expensive than a BRS one but they are great units. I have had the same 180gallons/day rodi unit from them since I was 14

Back