SA Mai Tai pairing with ORA Blood

dakar652

dakar652
Just got a SA Mai Tai from shawnb on the forum last weekend and i'm eying a ORA Blood Clown as a potential tank mate.

Anyone forsee any issues with attempting this endeavor? To my knowledge, the Mai Tai is a cross between an Female Maroon and a male Ocellaris, and the Blood Orange is a female Gold Stripe Maroon and a male Ocellaris. The ORA blood is a little bit smaller than the Mai Tai, so it'll probably be the male, but as far as temperament, does anyone think they'll be a problem?

I really like the idea of a cross between the two (not that i'm in any position to start breeding right now), but i'm more so wondering about their first few days/weeks in the tank together.

Anyone have any experience with ORA Blood Clowns that can chime in it would be appreciated.

I'm interested to see how this goes. How do the two types of hybrids look different? Is one type darker than another?

If your Mai Tai is alone for too long it will default to female. I'd grab the Ora Blood soon so they have a better chance of working things out. The hard part is making sure the Ora Blood Clown is still male when you get him. So get a young one.

I'm interested to see how this goes. How do the two types of hybrids look different? Is one type darker than another?

If your Mai Tai is alone for too long it will default to female. I'd grab the Ora Blood soon so they have a better chance of working things out. The hard part is making sure the Ora Blood Clown is still male when you get him. So get a young one.

they look extremely similar...I might pick the blood orange up tonight, and the Mai Tai has only been in the tank for a week tomorrow. Pretty sure the Mai Tai will be the female anyway, as it's a little bigger than the blood orange (I think). I've only seen the two clowns separately and not side by side in the same tank, so it'll be tough to tell until I get them together. the previous owner of the Mai Tai told me his temperament was very mild, so I'm hoping for the best.

i'll keep you updated, even though you seem to be the only one interested enough to respond to my thread!;)

Back