Screen Top For Bow front tank

elton092982

MVP
BRS Member
Anyone have one, and if so what did you use to make it? All the kits I see are for rectangle size tanks. Not sure if buying the rectangle kits and bending them will work. Any input or pics of yours would be great!

i did have one before that was made out of a window screen frame.
i think its still on my car because i offer it to another member . but never been able to meet up . but i can post pics so you can imitate thath

I whipped these up. Was using a trimmed to fit light diffuser but felt it was blocking too much light. So I cut as much as possible out but left enough so it could keep its shape and wrapped a single layer of the screen bulk reef sells for their tops and hot glued it. Notched the back corner for cords and it sits perfect and flush. Plus with no metal if it gets salty I can just hose it off. Black diffuser make look better but I was proud of it.

Attachments

• IMG_1047.JPG
    IMG_1047.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 163
I whipped these up. Was using a trimmed to fit light diffuser but felt it was blocking too much light. So I cut as much as possible out but left enough so it could keep its shape and wrapped a single layer of the screen bulk reef sells for their tops and hot glued it. Notched the back corner for cords and it sits perfect and flush. Plus with no metal if it gets salty I can just hose it off. Black diffuser make look better but I was proud of it.
That works!! I tried the pvc sheet and it warped like crazy, overnight..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

So did you use egg crate and then just glued the screen ? That's what I saw when searching online as the only option .

Yup. Cut the egg crate to fit the opening on the tank perfect. Then cut out as much of the middle as possible but kept some structural integrity to it. Then layed a single layer of the clear mesh over it and wrapped the edges, securing with hot glue.

Take your time and the netting is nice and tight. Firms up the whole structure. All you need is one 4x2 egg crate, one roll of netting from brs, a pair of snips, and a hot glue gun. Took a couples hours and some beer!

Attachments

• IMG_1049.JPG
    IMG_1049.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 147
Back