SeaClone Protein Skimmer or CA 180 skimmer

afboundguy

Acan's are inedible candy
Staff Member
BRS Member
Does anyone run one of these? Are they any good? The misses has put a more stringent budget on my sump project and I'm trying to find the best bang for the buck skimmer. I only have a 55g and the sump will be two 10g plumbed together.

I also have found a Cyber Aqua CA 180 skimmer that is a little cheaper but also looks a lot cheaper. Any input on this one?

I realize this is something that I shouldn't skimp out on but it would only be temporary until after we get married in June. After that she said I can do whatever I want to with the tank so I'd get a really good skimmer then :D

IMO Seaclone are the worst. I have one that I used for about a week. If you want it you can have it. Dont skimp on a skimmer... I did twice and still need a better one.

I currently have a coralife 125 and it works ok, But is far from good and is going to be replced by a better unit shortly.

Does anyone run one of these? Are they any good? The misses has put a more stringent budget on my sump project and I'm trying to find the best bang for the buck skimmer. I only have a 55g and the sump will be two 10g plumbed together.

I also have found a Cyber Aqua CA 180 skimmer that is a little cheaper but also looks a lot cheaper. Any input on this one?

I realize this is something that I shouldn't skimp out on but it would only be temporary until after we get married in June. After that she said I can do whatever I want to with the tank so I'd get a really good skimmer then :D

I realize this is something that I shouldn't skimp out on but it would only be temporary until after we get married in June. After that she said I can do whatever I want to with the tank so I'd get a really good skimmer then

Is that what she told you??? :rolleyes: ;)

I can't get a bigger tank... I think that's my only restriction...

I used a seaclone for awhile, they are fine on small tanks, used mine on a 25g, read up there a a few free mods (or near free) you can do to improve them significantly.

Back