Sunday June 6th: RT3/495 Tank Tour

Sorry I havent been posting info here, I just got back from vacation. I thought I would have access to a computer while I was gone but unfortunatly I did not.

The tour is still planned for Sunday June 6th. We are going to meet at Paula's house betweem 9:30 am and 10:00 am for coffee and donuts. Between 10:00 and 10:15 we will try to reduce the number of of cars and figure out who is carpooling with whom. Then we will plan to leave Paula's promptly at 10:15am. Anyone is welcome to join us. I am not keeping track of participants, if you want to join the tour all you have to do is show up between 9:30 and 10:00 at Paula's.

I will be setting up either a web page or an email autoresponder for the directions and post the it here in the next couple days. I will also have them printed up on Sunday.

I am currently waiting for a few responses for confirmations for the stops once I finalize the details I will post more info.

-nick

I'm confused. If we're meeting at Paula's at 10:00, discuss carpooling until 10:15 and then leave at 10:15, when do we get to see Paula's reef? :confused:

Armando,
As I stated I will post the directions and info in the next day or so. I had a few stops drop out last minute so I am waiting on a couple more to confirm.

I posted above that people can arive between 9:30 and 10, during this time we will be waiting for people to show with coffee and donuts and her tank will be available for viewing. At the end of the tour we will meet back at Paula's to retrieve cars and then people can view her tank again if people didnt have time in the morning.

-nick

I will be posting directions to Paula's tomorrow with my cell phone number as well as phone numbers for Paula.

-nick

Hey Nick, any estimate on how many of us there will be on the tour? Just wondering how many home made, warm, blueberry muffins to make. The coffee will be on.
I won't feel badly about not working in the yard since the weather is supposed to be icky . ..

This should be fun . ..
Paula

Last edited:
Alright.. For Paula's address and other tank tour info please email [email protected]. I currently have it setup to auto respond to every email with a message with the tank tour info.

Currently we start at Paula's (Sea Serpent) in Bedford then to Karen's (KAS) in Westford then to Gustavo's (IM NEO) Marlboro then to Dave's (Heavydc2) in Sterling then to Jeff's (stang8s) in Harvard then to Roger's (RogerO) in Lowell then back to Paula's in Bedford.

If anyone else would like to be a stop and you are along the tour area off Rt 3 and 495 then please post here and PM or email me.

I will be away from the computer for most of the afternoon if you have questions you can contact me on my cell phone included in the autoresponder message.

Thanks,
-nick

Any rough guesstimate of when folks will show up here? I cant take the day to do the tour, so I am going to go along after my place and see Rogers tank which i regret missing last year and then back to paulas to see her new setup. Are you guys having luch at Daves? Im thinking it will be around 3-4 before you get here, sound about right?

I have not recieved the auto responder yet nick, could you shoot me the email @ chan191 at comcast.net please, thanks.

dave-
you probally did the same thing as i did the 1st time. nick has a period at the end of the email address above. I cut and pasted it with the period, wont work that way!
Jeff

RogerO thought the tour was next weekend and unfortunatly cannot do the tour tomorrow and Karen had to drop off due to circumstances out of her control. So I am going to add my tank on the tour. Ive got some cleaning to do....

If anyone else did not get the directions my cell phone is xxx-xxx-xxxx.

-nick

Last edited:
Thanks all for another great tank tour. All told we stopped at the 6 planned peoples houses to see tanks Plus an extra 3 last minute additions. We also went to 4 local fish stores as well that were not far by, they were happy to see us and offered additional 5% discounts for a total of 15% off! We had about 30-35 people along on the tour. We stopped at heavy Ds place for great lunch and back to paulas at the end for a good old new england lobster and clam bake mmmmm. Paula I will be by sometime this week to get my keg tap back. What a blast! Thanks to everyone who gave out frags too!

Wish I hadn't had to work yesterday. I'm very envious of all of you! Hopefully I can catch the next one. :)

Armando and everyone . .. You are always welcome to come visit - I don't let anyone leave empty-handed! Just PM me for directions!
Puala

Back