Thanh's DSA 135G

PThanh1968

BRS Member
Picked up DSA 135G tank & stand from Exquisite Corals last week. Ready plumbing...

Attachments

• DSA135G_s.JPG
    DSA135G_s.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 698
This 135G w/ 40G sump is replacing my 30G. This system will be plumbing to an existing 75G w/ 20G sump for convenient maintenance (Auto top off water, dosing and water change). Wow, this tank makes the 75G looks so small.
DSA135_2s.JPG

Nice.
Big tank are great until things go wrong lilke algae outbreak, fllaworm...etc
Hope for a smooth transfer

Looks great! What are you going to keep in it with this one. If I have two tanks, I would do a softies and anemones and the other full blown SPS and LPS.

ive seen some awesome softie tanks. very bright if done right. But if I had 2 tanks, I would probably have a reef and a FOWLR. Some of the fish that aren't reef safe are the best looking.

Can you post some pics of the overflow? I am thinking of ordering one of their tanks and wanted to see it up close

Derek

I am thinking keeping SPS, LPS, clams with couple of BTAs. Most stuff will be from an existing 75G.

This tank is "PRO" version has center overflow with 2 drains and 2 returns. New tank overflow looks like below:
overflow.jpg
My overflow looks below (used)
IMG_0702.JPG

Plumbing is done, I am making water now...
Sump
IMG_0703.JPG
Drains & returns
IMG_0700.JPG
connecting to an existing 20G sump under 75G
IMG_0704.JPG
IMG_0705.JPG

Up and running

Still in process of moving corals...
135_FULL.jpg
New tank looks better, old tank is not so good...:)
FullSetup.jpg
Little close up on the right side of tank
135_R.jpg
Wife's not happy with all the wires. After half an hour, it looked much better
IMG_0714.JPGIMG_0721.JPG

Update - recent pic

Lost almost all SPS back in September '15 after going away for a month vacation (power strips tripped).

Back